This #WeekendBeautyTip is what every gal loves: a hair tutorial! While we like to let our hair go all flowy with beach waves for Summer, Fall usually introduces some polished, pulled-back styles. Thankfully for us, we live in a time where braids are super-in-style, so there’s no better tutorial than one that incorporates braids into a pulled-back look!
This “Braided Bohemian Updo” is from a stylish gal named Heidi Marie Garett. She won a tutorial competition on instabraid.com, and has over 79,000 followers on Instagram who are in love with her hair posts! You can’t talk about hair tutorials and not mention Heidi, so here is her Boho-Braid that has captured our hearts! It can be perfect for holiday parties, work, or a night out on the town. Even our web-gal, Ashley, tried out the look and wants to show you that it works!
1. Separate your front hair line into two sections, on either side.
2. Braid the sectioned portion of hair that is on the dominant side of your part. Now braid the other side. Secure bottom with transparent elastics.
3. Now back-comb or tease the portion of hair located on your crown till it has your preferred volume.
4. Separate that section into to portions, lengthwise, on either side of your neck. Braid those two pieces, till you have four braids total (as shown in #4 of the picture above).
5. Pull the dominant-front braid around the back of your head, as far as it will stretch. Secure it in place with bobby pin, and repeat the same action with the other side-braid.
6. Now wrap and pin both bottom-braids over and under each other, tucking and covering the elastics.
And done! Amazing, right? Just to show you that a normal person can do it, our web-gal (remember, she’s not a hairstylist!) has tried this for herself and achieved great results!
Merry Weekend everyone, and best of luck with the Boho braid!