In observance of Memorial Day, Posh will be closed Monday, May 25th. A huge thank you to all retired, active, and fallen troops who have protected our freedom with their lives. Happy Memorial Day everyone!!
Women know the reality of having to juggle a million things at once–especially a working mom. There’s early morning reports, conferences, phone calls from your boss, grocery store runs, hopefully some time for the gym, meals to cook, laundry, homework to do with the kids, bathing, and bedtime. Although modern hairstyles are cute and trendy, a working mom’s biggest frustration is this: no time. How in the world am I supposed to pull off a cute hairstyle when I barely get enough time to SHOWER?
We found some great ideas for you! There’s a list of 10 Quick Hair Tips we found for working moms. We will include the top 3 in this post–the most practical we could find. I mean hey, you probably only have the time to read three anyway! So here we go.
1. Make Waves Overnight:
For gorgeous, loose waves the good news is you don’t have to invest much time. Braid damp hair before bed and you’ll wake up with beach-worthy waves. Make sure your hair is braided tightly so your hair doesn’t frizz. (Bonus tip: For even larger curly waves, pin multiple small buns with bobby pins instead of braiding damp hair. The buns will create a sexy loose wave look with even more oomph!)
Accessories are a fun way to play with your hairstyle and the good news is this season the headband is hotter than ever. Push hair back with a headband in the morning for an instant 2-minute style. Play with different parts too until you find the look you like best. We’d also add that a thick headband is a great way to distract from and cover up oily roots!
3. Dry Shampoo!
The one must-have product for any mom is DRY SHAMPOO! It soaks up all the oil in your roots and gives your hair a just-washed look. It also lets you keep the work you did curling your hair yesterday without having to re-do the whole style! Our best pick for dry shampoo? Redken’s Pillow Proof 2-Day Blowout Extender or Pureology’s Fresh Approach Dry Shampoo!
There you go: three quick ways to pull off cute hair without having to shell out extra time. Cheers to all the working moms out there, trying to juggle it all. Merry Weekend everybody!
From your Weekend Web girl,
*Kudos, love, credit, and thanks go to sheknows.com for these beauty tip ideas. To see full article go here.
Eye creams are a way to deliver powerful botanical ingredients to the fragile under eye area while protecting, firming, hydrating and repairing signs of aging. For my younger clients, I generally classify them as a “nice to have” product to use as part of their skin care routine. If you’re over 35, you’re going to want to definitely add one of these luxurious products to your routine! Read below for how to choose the right one for you!
1. If your skin is sensitive, give the Ultrasmoothing Eye Serum a try! This soothing serum is lightweight and is absorbed quickly, delivering age-fighting ingredients like hexapeptide-11 (stimulates collagen and firms skin), carrot root extract (converted into retinol in the skin), and magnesium ascorbic phosphate (stimulates collagen synthesis, helps fight pigmentation and acts as an antioxidant). The patented UltraCalming Complex reduces sensitivity, redness, irritation and inflammation.
2. Concerned about puffiness? Total Eye Care with SPF 15 contains Spirea, Hydrocotyl and Bisabolol, which help firm and reduce puffiness and fine lines. Optical light diffusers help minimize dark circles, while Sodium PCA (a moisture-binding protein) acts as a humectant to allow for more efficient moisture absorption. Titanium dioxide is a physical sunscreen that provides optimum UVA and UVB protection, while lactic acid smooths and retexturizes.
3. The richest, most emollient eye cream is Intensive Eye Repair, which diminishes the appearance of fine lines by infusing skin with hydration. Panthenol and Retinyl Palmitate help repair prematurely aging skin, while Cucumber, Butcherbroom and Arnica extracts soothe and help maintain skin’s elasticity and texture. Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Grape Seed Extract, Ginkgo Biloba and Green Tea help defend the skin against free radicals, smooth delicate eye tissue and stimulate collagen synthesis.
4. For anti-aging benefits, and to create a smooth surface below your under eye concealer, Multivitamin Power Firm can’t be beat! This is also what I use on my clients in the treatment room during a facial treatment. Red seaweed helps to firm the skin, reducing the appearance of fine lines while silicones melt gently into the skin to smooth skin texture. Retinyl palmitate (Vitamin A), Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), and Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E) accelerate skin’s natural repair process, strengthen elasticity and improve smoothness. This one is my personal favorite!
Any eye cream can get more oomph from Dermalogica’s targeted Boosters. Add Skin Hydrating Booster for dry skin, Gentle Soothing Booster for sensitive or recently resurfaced skin, or Extra Firming Booster to firm up! You can apply the booster under the eye cream, or mix it right in for a one step solution.
I hope this helps you determine which eye cream can best address your concerns and skin care issues. If you need any further assistance, schedule (link) a free 15 minute Skin Care Consultation and I’ll be happy to help match you with a targeted solution. Or come on in for a skin rejuvenating facial! Remember, our hour-long facials are 20% off every Monday!
*feature image photo credit: getyourprettyon.com.
We know a good and a bad day can sometimes be determined by how your hair is doing. Is it in your face? Are your curls refusing to stay together? Are they undefined? Are they frizzing out like 70s glam gone wrong? Well say goodbye to tangly, frizzy, overwhelming curls! Here are 5 quick tips to help the curly heads out there! (A huge thank you to stylist.com for some of these amazing ideas!)
1. Curly hair is naturally dry and thrives on moisture, which is why it’s advantageous to use shampoos without sulfates. We’d recommend Redken’s new Magnetics Color Extend line- it’s everything you love about the original Color Extend shampoo and conditioner, but is now sulfate-free!
2. Avoid using brushes and narrow-toothed combs, and instead opt for wide-toothed combs which cause less frizz and breakage.
3. The key to getting great curls is to set the curl pattern while your hair is damp. It’s best to avoid completely combing through your hair. Instead set your part, then comb through as little hair as possible at the crown to have the hair lay as you want it.
4. Use a microfiber towel to dry your hair, but blot it dry instead of rubbing back and forth. This will cause less frizz! If you need your hair dried more quickly, use a blow dryer on a low/medium setting with a diffuser.
5. Also avoid touching your hair as much as possible.. this can separate your curls and lead to unwanted frizz.
6. Good products really are important. They can be the difference between bouncy, polished curls and a rat’s nest. Depending on your curl type, we’d recommend Redken’s Curvaceous line. It covers all your needs: shampooing, conditioning, ringlet-making, full swirl (a heavier hold), priming (get those strands looking and feeling matte instead of crunchy and wet-looking!), light mousse, and even an intense curl mask called “Curl Dive” that hydrates the driest of curls. Here’s the Curvaceous family…stop by Posh and join it if you’d like!
Also, just for fun, find out your “curl type” here to help you choose the Curvaceous product that best fits your hair. Click the pic below!
Merry Weekend everybody, and show off those curls y’all!
*kudos, love and credit go to stylist.com for some of these great tips!
We all want a perfect, dewy facial complexion. And sometimes we achieve it. But everyone has those “off-weeks” when their face is freaking out due to stress, too much chocolate, hormones, or weather change.
So what do you do if you just entered in an off-week? You read this post, that’s what you do.
Here are 3 simple tricks to faking a gorgeous glow when your skin has decided to turn on you:
1. FOR YOUR FACE: “Mix one part tinted foundation with one part liquid illuminator,” says Tracy Brennan, owner of Kalologie, a beauty boutique in Los Angeles. We, of course, suggest using Mirabella since it’s the best in the business! We carry it at Posh, but when you’re in a pinch, any mixture of brands will do! Use freshly-washed fingertips to massage the mixture on your face. Brennan also says to “top it off with a dusting of a light-reflecting shimmer powder” as a finisher. The best kind? Try this Mirabella face highlighter/bronzer.
2. FOR YOUR LIPS + EYE BROWS: Make your lipgloss multitask for you! “Keep a pearly white lip gloss in your desk drawer to slick not only on your lips, but also on your brow bones and cheekbones as a quick-fix highlighter,” says Pati Dubroff, an L.A.-based celebrity makeup artist.
3. FOR YOUR BODY: “Look like a golden goddess by mixing liquid bronzer with a firming body cream, then massage it into your arms [and legs and whatever else!]. It’ll temporarily tighten your skin and give it a glow,” says Scarlett Messina, a Pennsylvania-based makeup artist. We would add that the firming body lotion is a must, since applying liquid bronzer all over would be a bit overpowering. The lotion will dilute the bronzer so it creates a subtle, sun-kissed glow instead of in-your-face orange! (There are small-sized and large-sized liquid bronzers available, depending on how often you use it). And if you’re not into the heavy-feel, just use a fatter makeup brush and lightly bronze with Mirabella’s mineral bronzer.
There you go–you’ll be glowier than a pregnant woman even when your skin is secretly angry. Now head out this weekend and be your dewiest self!
Merry weekend everybody! And stop by anytime to learn how to use these awesome Mirabella products we have in-house!
*Kudos, love, and credit go to cosmopolitan.com for these awesome glowy tips. For full article, go here. Photo credit goes to beautystylelove.blogspot.com.