The Holidays are here! Hooray! However, as fun-filled and warm as they can be for a lot of us, there are always those right around the corner whose season is far from merry and bright. At Posh the Salon, we believe that we can change difficult seasons for those in need one donation at a time. Each year we choose a charity to partner with during the holidays, and this year we’ve chosen The Ronald McDonald House. As many of you know, The Ronald McDonald House of Durham operates as a place to stay for families with hospitalized children who are receiving treatment. Ronald McDonald’s Houses nationwide provide over 7,200 bedrooms to families around the world each night, with an estimated value of $257 million in lieu of hotel costs.
We’ve all either experienced sickness or had a friend or family member who has had major medical need. We all know the costs of not only the medical bills, but the travel and lodging costs of family members who are staying in cities around the country for the duration of their loved one’s medical treatment.
Well, when it comes to our city, we want pitch in as a salon to alleviate the needs of our local Ronald McDonald house right here in Durham. And it’s not just for our salon. We’re inviting YOU, our beloved community, to pitch in right next to us. Shoulder to shoulder, arm in arm, we can donate toward the needs of families staying in our city. There will be tons of families flooding in and out of our local Ronald McDonald house, as Raleigh/Durham is the one of the most predominant medical hubs in America.
Our perspective is this: needs will always arise in any city, but this isn’t just any city, it’s OUR city. Regardless of the need, our hand is up and our “yes” is already on the table.
- Parents of children in the hospital, need coffee to help you stay up? It’s on us. We’ll help!
- Kids, need something to draw on while you’re waiting for your brother’s results? Crayons will show up by the bucketload. We’ll help!
- Clean freaks, want to make sure your accommodations are properly sanitized? Clorox wipes and Swiffers are our way of saying “Happy Holidays.” We’ll help!
- Need to mail off your bills while you’re in town? We’ll even bring you stamps to take one more errand off your mind. We’ll help!
- Have a carpet spill? We know a guy who could come clean it. We’ll help!
HOW DOES THE DONATION DRIVE WORK?
Glad you asked. For the ENTIRE month of December, we are collecting items for the House. Each donation equates as an entry to our prizes:
THIRD PRIZE: A free Mani/Pedi!
SECOND PRIZE: A free Facial!
GRAND PRIZE: A free Facial, Manicure, and Pedicure!
The most important items needed for donation are listed by category below. (Also, know that you can bring toys for infants and teens, however, that collection is separate one and will be ending December 17th). Every donation counts!
- Coffee, creamer, sugar
FAMILY ROOM NEEDS (unopened/unexpired):
- Individual packages of chips (Lays, Pringles, etc.), crackers (Lance), and cookies (all brands).
- Cans of Chef Boyardee
- Any individually wrapped snacks, meals, biscuits, pizzas
- Single serving frozen meals
- Pop Tarts, cereal & Instant Grits
- Individual pudding cups
- Fresh fruit
- 20 oz. paper bowls
- Individual servings of hot chocolate and tea
- Canned soups
HOUSEHOLD NEEDS (unopened/unexpired):
- Walmart/ Home Depot/ Target gift cards (any amount)
- “Swiffer” Dusters
- Magic Erasers
- Dust Pans
- Toilet Paper
- Paper Towels
- Small pump bathroom/kitchen sink bottles of handsoap (disposable bottles)
- Liquid soap
BEDROOM NEEDS (unopened/unexpired):
- Laundry detergent
- Feminine care items
- Universal TV remote controls
- 13 or 20 inch color TVs or TV/DVD combinations
- DVD players
KITCHEN NEEDS (unopened/unexpired):
- Food Lion or Kroger gift cards (any amount)
- 13 gallon trash bags
- Small bathroom type trash can liners
- Paper bowls
- Paper plates
- Forever postage stamps
- 100# white cardstock
- White copy paper
- Manila folders
- Carpet cleaning
- Yard and lawn maintenance
Thanks for your help! And remember, we can make a change one donation at a time! #PoshGivesBack